Sunday 17 April 2016

Saturday Photo: Scylla Here and in Chicago

Took this a few years ago when I was in Chicago when the scylla was in bloom.  This year the firsts ones are shaking their little blue heads and spring begins.

Other signs of spring: people whizzing around on Bixis which went into service at midnight Friday, kids asking their parents for ice cream on a lovely Saturday afternoon, and me trying to remember what I thought I sould do in the garden this spring.  So much for keeping records: I may do a good job when I'm reporting/researching something, but I always forget that I mean to plan out the next year's garden when the memories of the last year's one are still vivid.

2 comments:

Martin Langeland said...

Hi Mary!
you want garden notes?
Try Thomas Jefferson's Garden Book
--ml

lagatta à montréal said...

We have to plan here at the co-op, as not only are we redoing the centre part of our front garden, destroyed when we had to do major structural work (shoring up the building - many buildings on my street have been undermined by a hidden rivulet - so many on the island of Montréal) but also we are doing a ruelle verte with our neighbours across the lane.