Thursday 23 January 2014

The Days Grow Longer and (Maybe) Warmer

As I write this at 4:30 p.m., the sun in now longer shining in the living room, but for the last several days, it has blazed away.

This is good winter weather in my book: it may be cold, but the sun is out and there is enough snow to make everything blaze with light. 

And light is continuing longer and longer. A month ago it would have been dark at this hour, but the sky is still light since the sun won't disappear below the horizon for another 15 minutes.

Gonna be cold again tonight (it's currently -18 C or 0' F) but who cares, really, when you've got good heating and the prospect of spring in not too many months!  We're lucky, I think....

1 comment:

lagatta à montréal said...

I care terribly, because I'm in pain when going on daily walks outside (and yes, I'm warmly dressed), and because I'm just dreading the heating costs. Don't have that "partner with a steady income" recommended for freelancers.

One lovely thing is that the plants have started getting new leaves again, after that period when they are obviously unhappy.