Sunday 16 September 2007

Election Day: Too Busy to Blog

I've got a regulation ecologically-friendly canvas bag ready with lunch and reading material because Monday I'm supposed to sit in a poll and keep track of voters. Henry James's Washington Square is on top: I just remembered that one of his novels takes place in Jane Jacobs's original stomping grounds. Since the book takes place about the same time that Haussmann was busy tearing up Paris and Zola was writing his naturalistic novels, I'm hoping that I can find some interesting bits that will resonate both with what Jacobs like about her corner of New York, and with what Paris was like in the great Haussmannian period.

But really I'll be wondering just how this by election will come out. Never seen so many people in an NDP campaign, nor such support when doing telephone canvassing....

No comments: